Do you care about wildlife conservation and want to gain digital marketing skills?
Application deadline: Sunday 17th September 2017
Location: Merapoh, Pahang, Malaysia
Status: Volunteer internship
Term: 6 months (with option for paid employment from month 7)
Start date: As soon as possible
If you are a young graduate with a passion for nature and a talent for communication, then you could be the right candidate to join our conservation team located near Taman Negara National Park in Malaysia. We are a young company with an international mix of permanent and volunteer staff, who are all focused on supporting and developing 4 project sites in Malaysia and Indonesia. These projects range from turtle protection and marine research to wildlife rescue and rainforest conservation. They all have the common goal of real positive impact for the environment and the local community. Our projects are funded by voluntourism, school groups and corporate programmes. Your role will be to communicate and engage with our audiences around the world to highlight our conservation success and attract more volunteers and groups.
This is a new role, so there is a lot of scope for the right candidate to expand an already sustantial digital marketing programme. The responsibilities include management of three websites, a number of facebook pages and other social media channels. In addition, you will be working with the media team, who produce high quality video and multimedia content to be integrated into a full content marketing strategy. You will also be responsible for monitoring marketing metrics and the essentials of marketing planning and measurement. You will need to be an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, with evidence of creative copywriting and story-telling skills. In-house training and support will be available to learn new technical skills such as the use of marketing software (WordPress, Hootsuite and Hubspot).
Ideally, the right candidate for this conservation marketing internship should have:
- Relevant degree, which could be either in conservation or communications/marketing
- Love of nature and the outdoors: comfortable to work in tropical conditions and take regular walks in the rainforest
- Fluency in English ( Malay language skills an advantage, but not essential)
- Experience in the use of Social Media for Marketing, Website Design and Management
- Excellent copywriting skills gained from blogging or preparing promotional materials
- Knowledge and/or appreciation for marketing communications and public relations
- Good interpersonal skills to collaborate in a team or with external agencies
- Being able to work independently and prioritize workload, whilst being adaptable to changing demands
What you get out of this conservation marketing internship:
- Gain valuable practical digital marketing skills which can be used in a non-profit or business setting
- Learn about conservation and working with multi-cultural teams
- Free mixed dorm accommodation and share of communal food
- After 6 months, there is the opportunity for paid employment, depending on performance
- 8 days off per month – provided as 1 day off per week and a block of 4 days off per month or 2 days off per week (at Project Leader’s discretion)
- All work related expenses (NOT TRAVEL TO OR FROM MALAYSIA).
- Free Wifi internet.
- Written reference letter on request.
Application deadline for this Conservation Marketing Internship: SUNDAY 17th September 2017
Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply
Please submit your cv and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org